We encourage all customers to participate in our recycling program
MATERIALS TO PLACE IN BIN
PAPER: (Please bundle loose paper together or put in a plastic bag)
Newspapers with inserts, magazines, catalogues, bulk mail, office paper, corrugated cardboard, paper bags, box board (cereal box, shoe box).
Food, beverage, squeezable, and detergent bottles; bread, frozen food and shopping bags; disposable plates, certain food containers, three–five gallon water bottles, sunglasses, DVD’s, and any with the numbers 1 through 7 on it.
Clean metal food and beverage containers; empty aerosol containers, small scrap metal items.
Clear, green, and brown food and beverage containers.
SMALL METAL ITEMS:
Small metal items that weigh less than 50 lbs. and are less than 5 ft. in length will be accepted for recycling. Examples include: bicycle frames, grills (no propane tanks or lava rocks), pipes under 5 ft. in length, fencing, tire rims, small motors, aluminum siding, metal gutters, etc. Items must be placed inside, or next to, the blue box.
WHAT NOT TO RECYCLE
1) Used pizza boxes, napkins, paper towels, tissue paper, waxed paper, freezer containers, soiled papers
2) Styrofoam, anti-freeze/oil bottles, plastic bags, wide mouth food containers
3) Silverware, cookware, propane bottles
4) Window/plate glass, ceramic items, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, drinking glasses, heat resistant ovenware
HOW TO RECYCLE
1) If cardboard won’t fit in bin, bundle and place next to bin; cut or fold to no more than 3’x 3’ x 3’
2) Place mixed paper in plastic shopping bag inside bin; place so wind will not blow it out. To keep newspapers from blowing out, place in bin vertically with other items beside them.
3) Clean all plastic, glass, and metal containers thoroughly. Do not leave any food residue.
4) Remove and discard lids, caps, and rings from all containers. You do not have to remove labels. Place containers loose inside bin or in plastic bag.